Thursday 16 June 2011

Evaluation

When i first go this project i was excited by the music project available but i now realise this is mainly because i was coming out of a music related project, i now feel that another project would of tested my abilities more.
I started the project with optimism and felt i did well at the beginning however with several holidays (3 week break) being after the brief in it dampened my spirits and initial thoughts about what i could do with the projects set. When researching i swayed towards the musical scene graphic design and forgot that i was doing something for a charity, this confused my ideas because i had certain type of ideas but felt they were too "out there" for a charity design. When the time for the presentation came i felt unprepared due to this confusion of ideas however i felt i got a design direction out of my presentation which was the Saul Bass style, i had done a Saul Bass project in first year college and i researched him before so i knew a fair bit about him and i believe this helped me develop my designs.
Throughout the design and development stage i struggled with ideas, i wanted to have a brave new style but i also knew that it was for  charity so it couldnt be too much. After a while i did get the ball rolling and start to understand the style i was going for more, i was able to create outcomes much more effectively and with better quality.
If i had to do this project again i wouldnt choose the music related one, i feel that because i was excited by my last project which was music based that this one would be just as good however i didnt enjoy the "charity" part of it. I think if i went for another project such as the annual report i could have designed better outcomes which would have a more charity feel to them. Overall i was rate my efforts on this project high, the flame started to die out throughout the middle stage but near the end it was reignited to complete the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment